Flight Instrumentation Engineer (m/f/d)
As part of the AGNC team, you will move horizontally across the design teams, focusing on the instrumentation of Spectrum. You will be responsible for the selection and qualification of the vehicle’s sensors, while maintaining the corresponding interfaces across the departments. Furthermore, you will work with all design teams to select and integrate sensor components, define operative procedures, and test the equipment for flight hardware and respective prototypes.
More specifically, you will:
- Be the focal point for sensor systems on the vehicle
- Support all design teams in the selection and qualification of sensors
- Support the manufacturing and testing teams in the definition of operative procedures such as assembly, calibration, and data evaluation
- Establish design and operative standards for flight instrumentation
- Perform hands-on assembly and testing of equipment
- Perform qualitative and quantitative checks on the sensors on-board the vehicle
- Improvement of the already existing selection of instrumentation
- Propose alternatives and assist the design teams in the selection process when needed
- Ensure the sensors are properly mounted on the vehicle to serve their purpose and survive the vehicle’s environments
- Own and maintain the fight sensor list across the vehicle
- Align with the design teams and periodically update the list and sensor configuration files
- Ensure all interfaces are bridged and up to date.
- Select the appropriate connectors according to the chosen sensors
- Perform functional and environmental qualification of the selected sensors
- Estimate and calculate errors resulting from the measurement chain in the corresponding systems
- Assist with the integration of flight sensors to the Flight Test Instrumentation system
Who you are and what you have
- BSc/MSc in Electrical/Aerospace Engineering, Computer Science, Messtechniker or similar
- Strong hands-on experience with assembly and calibration of sensor systems
- Extensive experience with mechanical and thermal system characterization using accelerometers, strain gauges, pressure transducers, RTDs, etc.
- Knowledge in handling sensor typical for the aerospace industry (microphones, rotation sensors, switches, position sensors, gas detectors, and more)
- Extensive experience in the selection and usage of pressure transducers (absolute, gauge, differential, and more)
- Experience in the development, usage or build-up of data acquisition systems or test rigs
- Understanding of calibration technics for sensors and data acquisition systems
- Practical experience in soldering PCBs, wires, and connectors
- Know-how of common communication protocols
- Clean, organized, and structured way of work
- Confidence in using Microsoft Office products and other common software
- Basic knowledge in Python, C++, or similar
- Passionate about new space, curious and eager to learn
- Driven to deliver and constantly push the boundaries
- Take ownership and accountability for your own actions and mistakes
- Humble and willing to go out of your way to help others
- Can-do attitude and outstanding communication skills
- Fluent in English
These nice-to-have would further impress us:
- Experience in working with PLCs
- Experience with MES software and inventory systems
- Experience in PCB design, assembly and testing
- Experience in testing hardware with PLC-based systems
- Exposure to CAD software
- Knowledge in plastic 3D printing
- 30 days holiday
- Flexible working hours
- Subsidised lunch
- Individual learning budget
- Virtual company shares
- Qualitrain Sport Clubs membership
- Customized company pension plan
WHO WE ARE
We are Isar Aerospace and we are at the forefront of New Space building a modern space business to enable faster, better and cheaper access to space.
Our mission is to help democratise space and use it for good in order to improve life on Earth now and for the future generations.
We are a fast-growing company aiming to provide sustainable and environmentally friendly launch solutions for small and medium-sized satellites and constellations into Low Earth Orbit. The company is privately funded by world-leading technology investors with strong commitment and support and our team is made of driven and talented people with a real passion for space innovation.
We're making rockets in a way that hasn't been done before disrupting a traditional industry. If you are up for the challenge, want to work on cutting-edge projects and be part of a team changing the world for better, come, join us and launch your career!
Want to find more about us?