Process Plant Engineer / Projektingenieur /-techniker für Anlagenbau (m/w/d)
As a Process Plant Engineer, you will join the Propulsion Test Development Team which is an essential part of the Test & Launch Department and acts as an internal engineering service provider to other development departments in the company to design and procure ground infrastructure. The interdisciplinary team is composed of engineers with different backgrounds in Aerospace, Process and Mechanical Engineering.
The goal of safe, reliable and rapid testing and space launch operations can only be achieved with support from a wide range of rigorously designed, developed and built ground infrastructure. includes ground equipment, such as test stands for research & development, qualification and acceptance testing of propulsion systems and rocket stages, as well as entire launchpads. Close cooperation with other departments such as Propulsion Technology and Launch Vehicle is necessary since their requirements dictate the design of the ground support equipment.
As a Process Plant Engineer, you play a critical role during the development and implementation phases of such facilities.
More specifically, you are:
- Taking technical and commercial responsibility, ownership and accountability for the procurement, manufacturing and build-up of piping systems as part of larger process facility projects in cooperation with external partners. You will self-sufficiently supervise external partners
- Coordinating/supervising the implementation and support in the commissioning of piping systems in close collaboration with fluid system design engineers and providing feedback in the design of such systems from an implementation point of view
- Planning piping systems for process facilities throughout all project phases (concept to detailed design and implementation) of mid to large scale projects by means of e.g. project management tools
- Approving & issuing isometrics, BOMs/MTOs, technical manufacturing and assembly drawings
- Supporting the product/project owner with critical feedback regarding challenges in the procurement, manufacturing and build-up phases
- Selecting and procuring suitable hardware/pipe material for piping systems based on legal and industry standards
- Writing technical documentation and conducting (sub)system design reviews
- Improve/create processes to streamline workflows where necessary
- Travelling to construction and test sites for on-site coordination tasks
Who you are and what you have
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in mechanical, process, chemical engineering (or equivalent) with 3+ years of experience in the oil & gas, chemical, pharmaceutical industry or similar as Process Plant Engineer/Projektingenieur für Anlagenbau, Prozess- & Verfahrenstechnik OR Technical training education (Staatlich geprüfte/r Techniker/-in) with 3+ years of work experience in the oil & gas, chemical, pharmaceutical industry or similar as Projekttechniker für Anlagenbau, Prozess- & Verfahrenstechnik
- Practical experience in executing/leading industry projects
- Experience with 2D/3D planning of area layouts and/or piping systems
- Familiarity with industrial standards relevant to piping systems such as EN 13480, PED, AD2000, ASME B36.10M, ATEX etc.
- Flexible attitude towards highly iterative designs, especially in the early design phases
- Adjusting self-sufficiently and quickly to a changing work environment
- Highly organised, effective team player with high attention to detail
- Communicating actively and openly in a constructive manner
- Can-do attitude
- Fluentin English and German language (written and spoken)
- Hands-on experience with piping system assemblies
- Experience with high-pressure and cryogenic piping systems
- Experience with piping systems with respect to oxygen usage and/or ATEX
- Proficiency in AVEVA E3D/AVEVA Diagrams/PDMS software
- Experience in the administration of 3D piping design software suites
- 30 days holiday
- Flexible working hours
- Subsidised lunch
- Individual learning budget
- Virtual company shares
- Qualitrain Sport Clubs membership
- Customized company pension plan
Who we are
We are Isar Aerospace Technologies and at the forefront of New Space, building a modern launch service providing business to enable faster, better and cheaper access to space.
Our mission is to help democratise space and use it for good in order to improve life on Earth now and for future generations.
We are a fast-growing company aiming to provide sustainable and environmentally friendly launch solutions for small and medium-sized satellites and constellations into Low Earth Orbit. The company is privately funded by world-leading technology investors with strong commitment and support. Our team consists of driven and talented people with a real passion for space innovation.
We are building rockets in a way that has not been done before, disrupting a traditional industry. If you are up for the challenge, want to work on cutting-edge projects and be part of a team changing the world for better, come, join us and launch your career!