Composite Technician (m/f/d)
The role will be supporting production activities in our manufacturing facility in Ottobrunn, Germany. The ideal candidate would possess experience in the fabrication of advanced composites including wet and pre-preg hand lamination, resin infusion, and filament winding techniques. The candidate will also have experience and/or familiarity with ply cutting and kitting, trimming, sanding, and drilling operations related to composite manufacturing. This position involves working to continuously improve the manufacturing process.
As an Isar Aerospace Team Member, you will:
- Fabricate structural components through hand lamination.
- Operate filament winding equipment, and support in the fabrication of wound parts.
- Operate CNC ply cutting table.
- Bond various materials and components with the use of structural adhesive.
- Prepare and assemble composite tooling and moulds.
- Load and unload parts into ovens and run appropriate cure cycles.
- Perform other duties to assist various departments or teams within Isar Aerospace.
Who you are and what you have
If you’d like to join, you should meet the following requirements:
- At least 1 year of experience with advanced composite fabrication (preferably carbon pre-preg).
- Understand various material characteristics, their benefits, and their disadvantages.
- Knowledge of various fabrication techniques including filament winding, hand-layup, and compression moulding.
- Knowledge and capability to build a vacuum bag using specified materials.
- Ability to adapt to constantly and rapidly changing work environments.
- Good level of spoken and written English.
These nice-to-have would further impress us:
- Experience with ovens or autoclaves.
- Aerospace background, or familiar with aerospace manufacturing techniques and standards.
- German language skills.
Why join us
- 30 days holiday
- Subsidised lunch
- Individual learning budget
- Virtual company shares
- EGYM Wellpass Sport Clubs membership
- Customized company pension plan
We also offer:
- Rental clothing with laundry service
- Free snacks and fruit
- Free drinks and coffee
- Break area with fully equipped kitchen
- Parking spaces directly in front of the building
- Regular subsidised team events
- Personal and team bonus system
Who we are
We are Isar Aerospace and we are at the forefront of New Space building a modern space business to enable faster, better and cheaper access to space.
Our mission is to help democratise space and use it for good in order to improve life on Earth now and for the future generations.
We are a fast-growing company aiming to provide sustainable and environmentally friendly launch solutions for small and medium-sized satellites and constellations into Low Earth Orbit. The company is privately funded by world-leading technology investors with strong commitment and support and our team is made of driven and talented people with a real passion for space innovation.
We're making rockets in a way that hasn't been done before disrupting a traditional industry. If you are up for the challenge, want to work on cutting-edge projects and be part of a team changing the world for better, come, join us and launch your career!
Want to find out more about us?
Note: Due to high volume of applications, we cannot get back to all candidates. If you have not heard from us within 2-4 weeks, please consider that your application has been unsuccessful for the current openings. However, in line with our GDPR policy, we will keep your details and will let you know if/when a suitable position comes up.