Senior BI Engineer - Team Commercial Intelligence
The Commercial Intelligence Team within the Revenue Management & Commercial Excellence department (RMCE) is looking for a motivated and driven Senior BI Engineer who will help us shape our team, drive the company to the next level, and have the most direct influence on our success.
Who We Are
The Revenue Management & Commercial Excellence (RMCE) department combines commercial responsibilities with strategic pricing and the monitoring, analysis and interpretation of KPIs to optimize revenue. As an open and interconnected hub within the commercial organization, RMCE fosters transparency, collaboration, and synergy across all functions.
The Commercial Intelligence team owns the RMCE's department’s analytical products: from data pipelines, reports, and ad-hoc analyses to tools and applications. We support the department and the whole company in taking data-driven business decisions by translating big data into actionable insights and building automated solutions. Our long-term goal is to enhance our Revenue Management System with integrated solutions (reports, tools, UIs) that would replace our current product portfolio. To this end, our team is looking for someone with both data modeling and engineering knowledge to drive our offer to the next level.
Your Tasks – Paint the world green
As a Data Analyst (m/f/d) you will work on a wide range of interesting tasks to actively support the business teams in the revenue optimization process.
This is a highly visible role that requires rigor, self-organization, autonomy, hands-on mentality and entrepreneurial spirit, and will give you the opportunity to develop many transversal skills (visualization, analytical, commercial, project and stakeholder management, engineering, amongst others).
- Extract, transform and load data using SQL and Python
- Build and maintain ETL pipelines using workflow orchestration tools
- Transform, test and document data using dbt
- Build and optimize Power BI datasets following DAX and data modeling best practices
- Share data with other teams via Kafka
- Create dash web apps to collect user input
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, understand business requirements, and present findings to non-technical stakeholders
Our tech stack:
- Power BI
- Jenkins and GitLab CI/CD
- AWS, Docker, Kubernetes
Your Profile – Ready to hop on board
- You have 3+ years of experience as a Business Intelligence Engineer, Analytics Engineer, Data Engineer, or equivalent
- You have a master’s degree in Computer Science, Business Informatics, Mathematics, Industrial Engineering, or equivalent work experience
- You are proficient in Snowflake/SQL and Python and have solid experience writing data pipelines using Python
- You have good knowledge of workflow orchestration tools such as Apache Airflow or Luigi to automate and schedule data processes
- You possess a strong understanding of analytics engineering tools such as DBT or similar
- You have good experience in data modeling and DAX using Power BI (or any other similar tool)
- You feel comfortable using Git
- You are fluent in English
ADDITIONAL DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS
- You have 1+ years of experience as a Data Analyst, Business Analyst, or equivalent
- You feel comfortable using GitLab CI/CD
- You have solid experience in developing reactive apps using Dash (Python)
- You have experience using Kubernetes and Docker
- You have experience in AWS
- You are familiar with Kafka
Our Perks – More than just a job
- You have an impact. With innovation and smart technology, we are creating the easiest way to travel. We want your ideas and give you autonomy to make them reality.
- Flix is flexible. Organize your own schedule, and balance work between the office and home as it’s best for you. We give you trust-based hours and a flexible smart working policy.
- Travelling is our passion. Discover the world with your free Flix rides and bring along your friends and family for half price.
- Teamwork makes the dream work. Our FlixTeam has people from over 80 different nations. We work in a multicultural environment where we can challenge and support each other.
- We're not only green in color. We’re building for the long term, and that means protecting our planet. We constantly test new green technologies and compensate for the CO2 after all our business travel since 2018.
- Your well-being is important to us. To treat your mind and body we will give you a competitive paid time off package, mental health support including 1:1 consultations with a psychologist, and a neat discount on UrbanSportsClub memberships.
Want to rewrite the history of mobility with us? Then join our ride and apply now. We're excited to hear from you!
We are a global mobility provider with headquarters in Europe and the United States. Since 2013, we have changed the way millions of people have traveled, offering new alternatives for convenient, affordable and eco-friendly travel. Thanks to a unique business model and innovative technology, we have quickly established one of the largest long-distance mobility networks in the world – and our journey has just begun.
The following video shows our amazing success story: