Business Owner Operations Research
The Operations Research Team is looking for a hands-on and motivated Business Owner who can help us shape our Revenue Management Domain. You will be part of a big team of operation research analysts and business owners.
You will be part of the Pricing & Yield department (P&Y) which is responsible for the revenue optimization of the full network. In particular, our department aims to define the best possible pricing strategy to maximize our revenue given current and historic demand patterns, competitor actions, and our current and historic supply.
As a Business Owner Operations Research, you will directly influence end results or products, services or processes, that are strongly connected to the revenue management system and its usage, in order to increase profitability. You will work closely with the team in an Agile environment and also with a UI UX designer.
Your Tasks – Paint the world green
- As part of a cross-functional, product-focused team, you will be the main interface between Business and Product Owner (Technical side)
- You will be defining a vision which represents the user's perspective
- You play a critical role in each system demo/MVP/Product release to identify what is working, what needs work, and what problems or impediments are preventing the business team from achieving their objectives
- You provide high-level business requirements and work closely with the product owner during the design phase. Prior to launch, you validate that the product meets the expected business outcomes.
- You represent the product in business strategy discussions and provides strategic advice to the product team
- You create business cases based on data in order to endorse product development which brings value to the business
- You review and approve (if acceptable) identified product risks and mitigations
- You control and prioritize all business requests, such as those for feature enhancements, ensuring limited resources (team, time and profitability) are spent on high-value requests
- You are responsible for providing relevant information and communications to key stakeholders and the business to ensure acceptance and understanding of the product
- You will take ownership in setting up proper collaborations with product owners and Tech teams in order to accomplish (global) departmental and company goals
- You will also provide support and assistance to users on the different products as you will be the business point of contact to represent the product
Your Profile – Ready to hop on board
- You have a degree in Mathematics, Data Science, Economics, Industrial Engineering, or similar
- You have experience in Revenue Management applications and systems, in Operations Research, Hotel or Airline industry or related fields
- You have a strong understanding of design principles and accessibility: Knowledge of design principles such as color theory, typography, and accessibility guidelines.
- You have a good eye for detail: The ability to pay close attention to details and produce high-quality work.
- You are a person who identifies and brings problems to the team and support requirement discovery
- You are a person who validates your assumptions with research
- You are autonomous and can define your own priorities, while receiving minimal guidance
- You have a “hands-on” mentality
- ...but you also have a positive attitude and can easily adapt to sudden changes in our fast-pace environment
Bonus points for
- Basic understanding of UX UI Methodologies or willingness to Learn & Unlearn
- Knowledge of design software such as Sketch, Figma, Adobe Creative Suite, and HTML/CSS.
- Experience in Project lead
- Experience with Atlassian products (Jira and Confluence)
- Experience working with a revenue management system
- Experience with Python and Snowflake SQL
Our Perks – More than just a job
- You have an impact. With innovation and smart technology, we are creating the easiest way to travel. We want your ideas and give you autonomy to make them reality.
- Flix is flexible. Organize your own schedule with trust-based hours and up to 60 days of working from (m)anywhere. We are an office-first company, and we encourage all employees to come regularly to their local office.
- Travelling is our passion. Discover the world with your free Flix rides and bring along your friends and family for half price.
- Teamwork makes the dream work. Our FlixTeam has people from over 80 different nations. We work in a multicultural environment where we can challenge and support each other.
- We're not only green in color. We’re building for the long term, and that means protecting our planet. We constantly test new green technologies and compensate for the CO2 after all our business travel since 2018.
- Your well-being is important to us. To treat your mind and body we will give you a competitive paid time off package, mental health support including 1:1 consultations with a psychologist, and a neat discount on UrbanSportsClub memberships.
Want to rewrite the history of mobility with us? Then join our ride and apply now. We're excited to hear from you!
We are a global mobility provider with headquarters in Europe and the United States. Since 2013, we have changed the way millions of people have traveled, offering new alternatives for convenient, affordable and eco-friendly travel. Thanks to a unique business model and innovative technology, we have quickly established one of the largest long-distance mobility networks in the world – and our journey has just begun.
The following video shows our amazing success story: