Network Systems Engineer (m/f/d)
We're looking for a motivated and driven Network Systems Engineer (m/f/d) who will help us shape our team, drive the company to the next level, and have the most direct influence on our success.
Team and Product
The IT infrastructure operations team provides FlixBus employees with a fast, reliable, and scalable network infrastructure, connect clients and interconnect our global shops and offices for a seamless working experience. The team strives for a high level of automation and a rock-solid and high available infrastructure platform.
As an Infrastructure Engineer you develop, maintain, and improve our global internal set of high available infrastructure services by taking full ownership of the full-service chain from the architecture to contract management with our ISPs up to implementation.
Your Tasks – Paint the world green
- You are responsible for the strategy, the design and the architecture of our global internal IT infrastructure platform
- You manage our global network routing and switching (Juniper, Cisco) and all services running on top (VPN, OSPF, VLAN, Wifi, 802.1X)
- You are on top of our ISPs for our global offices and shops to ensure high availability
- End-to-end ownership for all network devices (choosing, ordering, implementing, maintaining, monitoring)
- You automate router, switch, or server deployment with scripting or tools like Terraform, Ansible
- You maintain our physical (HPE) and virtual (VMWare) server setup in our offices
- 2nd and 3rd level support for network related issues that need certain expertise
Your Profile – Ready to hop on board
- Several years of experience and solid knowledge of IT infrastructure components like networking, security and automation
- As a true team player, you have very good communication and collaboration skills
- Experience working in agile and self-organized teams and know how to handle ownership
- You are familiar with concepts like IaaS and IaaC
- Willing to travel (15% max)
- Fluent in English
Our Perks – More than just a job
- You have an impact. With innovation and smart technology, we are creating the easiest way to travel. We want your ideas and give you autonomy to make them reality.
- Flix is flexible. Organize your own schedule with trust-based hours and up to 60 days of working from (m)anywhere. We are an office-first company, and we encourage all employees to come regularly to their local office.
- Travelling is our passion. Discover the world with your free Flix rides and bring along your friends and family for half price.
- Teamwork makes the dream work. Our FlixTeam has people from over 80 different nations. We work in a multicultural environment where we can challenge and support each other.
- We're not only green in color. We’re building for the long term, and that means protecting our planet. We constantly test new green technologies and compensate for the CO2 after all our business travel since 2018.
- Your well-being is important to us. To treat your mind and body we will give you a competitive paid time off package, mental health support including 1:1 consultations with a psychologist, and a neat discount on UrbanSportsClub memberships.
Want to rewrite the history of mobility with us? Then join our ride and apply now. We're excited to hear from you!
Flix – A place to enjoy work and have an impact
The future of transportation is Green. Here at Flix Tech, the R&D group, we develop software with the brightest minds from around the world to engineer new experiences for our millions of customers across our apps and websites. Every day we solve challenging problems, like how to scale rapidly around the world and how to make an experience that delights our customers. We have a culture of sharing ideas, contributing to open source projects and being an active member in our technical communities.
Flix is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy and gender identity), national, social or ethnic origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, age, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements, competence and merit.