Business Development Associate - Canada
We're looking for a motivated and driven Business Development Associate who will help us shape our team, drive the company to the next level, and have direct influence on our success. We have ambitious plans to grow our market in Canada and you will be a key driver of the success.
We are looking for a candidate to be ideally based in Toronto, reporting to our New York City office.
Your Tasks – Paint the world green
- Reporting to the Head of Business Development and working with the rest of the Business Development team, take on any tasks and projects needed to grow FlixBus’s business in the eastern US
- You identify operators and stakeholders in the industry, present our business model, negotiate contracts with potential partners, and foster long-lasting relations
- You manage a portfolio of accounts and have the ability to build strong relationships
- You analyze various internal and external data sources to help the US team develop a deeper understanding of KPIs and overall performance and focus its future efforts
- You work cross functionally with teams including Operations, Planning, Government Relations, and Finance in their joint work with the Business Development team
- You coordinate a variety of projects, making sure the interactions between different departments is fluid and results are delivered in a timely manner
- Your work is always customer driven and promotes a strong customer experience
Your Profile – Ready to hop on board
- Bachelor Degree in Business, Economics, or related field
- Ideal candidate has ~2 years of experience in consulting, tech or a hyper-growth start up
- Comfortable in a startup environment: entrepreneurial spirit, full of ambition and not afraid of rapid change
- Entrepreneurial mindset and the ability to deal with ambiguity is highly valued
- Comfortable working autonomously
- Excellent skills in English, French is a plus
- Affinity for car-alternative, environmentally friendly modes of transportation
- Able to work collaboratively within and across teams
- Willingness to travel up to 25% of time
Our Perks – More than just a job
- You have an impact. With innovation and smart technology, we are creating the easiest way to travel. We want your ideas and give you autonomy to make them reality.
- Travelling is our passion. Discover the world with your free Flix rides and bring along your friends and family for half price.
- Teamwork makes the dream work. Our FlixTeam has people from over 80 different nations. We work in a multicultural environment where we can challenge and support each other.
- We're not only green in color. We’re building for the long term, and that means protecting our planet. We constantly test new green technologies and compensate for the CO2 after all our business travel since 2018.
Want to rewrite the history of mobility with us? Then join our ride and apply now. We're excited to hear from you!
We are a global mobility provider with headquarters in Europe and the United States. Since 2013, we have changed the way millions of people have traveled, offering new alternatives for convenient, affordable and eco-friendly travel. Thanks to a unique business model and innovative technology, we have quickly established one of the largest long-distance mobility networks in the world – and our journey has just begun.
The following video shows our amazing success story: