Scala Engineer for our connected vehicle team (m/f/d)
We are seeking a passionate and self-driven Senior Scala Engineer to join our Connected Vehicle team and contribute to the development of innovative solutions for vehicle tracking and fleet management.
You will join a team of 4 (1 Product owner and 3 SW Engineers) that is on a mission to transform our train and bus fleets into smart connected vehicles; We utilize data from on-board hardware systems to enhance automation, and take operational decisions that promote fleet sustainability.
If you are a skilled developer with a keen interest in extracting value from vehicle data, we encourage you to apply. Join us and make a lasting impact on the future of mobility.
Your Responsibilities – Paint the world green
- You build data heavy distributed systems
- You work with a multi-functional team to take PoC products to scale and implement production-ready solutions
- You work across teams to define and architect the best data solutions to enhance our product quality and scalability
- You help establish and maintain a high-level of operational excellence in data engineering
- You will be part of our mission to enrich and transform our train and bus fleets into smart, automated machines.
Your Profile – Ready to hop on board
- 5+ years of experience in software development either as a software engineer or a backend engineer
- Strong proficiency and experience in (functional) Scala framework and ecosystems preferably ZIO or Cats Effect.
- Extensive experience in high-performance data pipelines and event/data streaming using Kafka (avro schemas & repositories)
- Strong hands on experience in automation and deployment of applications into cloud infrastructure (AWS, GCP, Azure) using Docker, Kubernetes and Terraform
- Strong communications and leadership skills
- Ability to drive cross-team technical communications and the ability to explain complex technical topics to non-technical stakeholders
- Strong analytical mindset
- Familiarity with scrum framework and strong agile mindset
Your Profile – Nice to have
- Python backend development
- DevOps experience
- Experience with Hardware systems
- Past experience with monitoring dashboards
Our Perks – More than just a job
- You have an impact. With innovation and smart technology, we are creating the easiest way to travel. We want your ideas and give you autonomy to make them reality.
- Flix is flexible. Organize your own schedule with trust-based hours and up to 60 days of working from (m)anywhere. We are an office-first company, and we encourage all employees to come regularly to their local office.
- Travelling is our passion. Discover the world with your free Flix rides and bring along your friends and family for half price.
- Teamwork makes the dream work. Our FlixTeam has people from over 80 different nations. We work in a multicultural environment where we can challenge and support each other.
- We're not only green in color. We’re building for the long term, and that means protecting our planet. We constantly test new green technologies and compensate for the CO2 after all our business travel since 2018.
- Your well-being is important to us. To treat your mind and body we will give you a competitive paid time off package, mental health support including 1:1 consultations with a psychologist, and a neat discount on UrbanSportsClub memberships.
Want to rewrite the history of mobility with us? Then join our ride and apply now. We're excited to hear from you!
Flix – A place to enjoy work and have an impact
The future of transportation is Green. Here at Flix Tech, the R&D group, we develop software with the brightest minds from around the world to engineer new experiences for our millions of customers across our apps and websites. Every day we solve challenging problems, like how to scale rapidly around the world and how to make an experience that delights our customers. We have a culture of sharing ideas, contributing to open source projects and being an active member in our technical communities.
Flix is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy and gender identity), national, social or ethnic origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, age, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements, competence and merit.