Senior Business Development Manager - Canada
We are looking for a strong Senior Business Development Manager in Montreal (or surrounding area), to lead the growth of the Flix business in Québec. You will be responsible for delivering our ambitious growth across Canada by sourcing, securing and maintaining a partner portfolio. The partnerships that you source and establish will be the lifeblood of our business and expansion into Eastern Canada.
Your Tasks – Paint the world green
- Accountable for delivering on our growth targets by securing new partnerships and simultaneously managing the accounts of the partnerships that you secure
- Oversee health of lead pipeline and manage leads through full sales life cycle from prospecting, signing, managing and growing partnerships
- Expectations in role will be to spend approximately 60% of time on partner growth and acquisition (expected to be the core part of the role while the business is being established in Québec), 20% on nurturing relationships in the Canada market, 20% on cross functional projects
- Establish and maintain relationships with operators across Québec and the rest of Canada while serving as a figurehead for Flixbus by building a strong Flixbus brand within the industry
- Track the commercial results of your portfolio and push business to achieve profitability by optimizing across established KPIs
- Work cross-functionally and build strong relationships with Network Planning, Operations, Finance and other parts of the organization
- Set and communicate clear targets and keep yourself and the team accountable vs them
- Build a strong network in the transportation industry and represent Flixbus at various conferences and industry events
- Requires willingness to travel to NYC office 20% of time, particularly during onboarding and ramp up phase
Your Profile – Ready to hop on board
- You have 3 – 5 years previous experience as a high preforming in a Business Development organization signing multi-million $ partnerships, in a highly cross functional matrixed organization
- Fluent French speaking background mandatory, Québécois fluency preferred
- Previous experience in Account Management or client facing role, consulting or tech background a plus but not mandatory
- Previous experience in the transportation industry, at a technology platform, or with government agencies is preferred but not mandatory
- You can work autonomously while delivering and executing against ambitious targets
- Excellence in account management and negotiation
- You have implemented best practices in sales and account management including implementation of processes and tools to support in the successful delivery of multi-million dollar deals
- You have a strong drive to close deals and an empathetic approach to account management
- You are excited about the prospect of representing the FlixBus brand within the industry
- You strive for excellence, take ownership and are disciplined
- You apply intellectual honesty and radical transparency to establish a feedback culture
- You are an excellent communicator, both verbal and written
Our Perks – More than just a job
- You have an impact. With innovation and smart technology, we are creating the easiest way to travel. We want your ideas and give you autonomy to make them reality.
- Flix is flexible. Organize your own schedule with trust-based hours and up to 60 days of working from (m)anywhere. We are an office-first company, and we encourage all employees to come regularly to their local office.
- Travelling is our passion. Discover the world with your free Flix rides and bring along your friends and family for half price.
- Teamwork makes the dream work. Our FlixTeam has people from over 80 different nations. We work in a multicultural environment where we can challenge and support each other.
- We're not only green in color. We’re building for the long term, and that means protecting our planet. We constantly test new green technologies and compensate for the CO2 after all our business travel since 2018.
Want to rewrite the history of mobility with us? Then join our ride and apply now. We're excited to hear from you!
We are a global mobility provider with headquarters in Europe and the United States. Since 2013, we have changed the way millions of people have traveled, offering new alternatives for convenient, affordable and eco-friendly travel. Thanks to a unique business model and innovative technology, we have quickly established one of the largest long-distance mobility networks in the world – and our journey has just begun.
The following video shows our amazing success story: