Product Owner - Financial Services (m/f/d)
We're looking for a motivated and driven (Senior) Product Owner (m/f/d) who is up for the challenge to join our Financial Services Team and have a direct influence on our success.
Our self-organized and cross-functional team owns the architecting, building and running the internal Flix Mobility services for post booking financial flow, which includes financial Transactional Data (e.g: taxation, post sales price distribution) and Authority / Customer reporting domain.
As joining Product Owner to our Financial Services team you are expected to work with our Expert PO, DPO to support the efforts to provide the demands for our evolving business. Your responsibility is to work very close with your stakeholders in Finance domain, business and tech side, shape the product vision and together with your team ensure that our solutions fulfil post booking financial requirements.
Your Tasks – Paint the world green
- Leading Financial Services product vision and strategy in collaboration with our Expert PO.
- Partner with your key stakeholders to analyse and prioritize business requirements
- Transform ideas and wishes into a structured yet agile development agenda
- Own, prioritize and refine the product backlog, in line with your strategic vision
- Together with your technical team design, implement and optimize the services
- Coordinate the day to day work of your tech team, translating business requirements into user stories and managing your team's capacity
- Create and maintain a good understanding of emerging technologies and align the roadmap with the product backlog and vice versa.
- Collaborate closely with other Product Owners in cross-team initiatives
Your Profile – Ready to hop on board
- Profound experience as a Product Owner ideally with finance / data products or background in finance / invoicing with close collaboration to product teams
- Sound understanding in the area of finance and invoicing on global level
- Proven solid experience of leading the efforts of paying back technical dept
- Strong analytical thinking and good technical understanding
- You can work out the financials and the strategic value of business cases and can prioritize and make decisions accordingly
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills
- Lateral Leader, community builder, ability to moderate and adapt communication/presentation quickly to groups with heterogeneous technical backgrounds
- Good understanding of Agile Software Product development principles and techniques (e.g. User Story Mapping, Impact Mapping, Lean, Design Thinking, etc.)
- You'll bring openness, mutual respect and understanding, curiosity and positive attitude to collaborations across the domain and company
- You thrive in an environment embedded with freedom and don't need constant guidance
- Fluent in English; another European language is a plus
Our Perks – More than just a job
- You have an impact. With innovation and smart technology, we are creating the easiest way to travel. We want your ideas and give you autonomy to make them reality.
- Flix is flexible. Organize your own schedule with trust-based hours and up to 60 days of working from (m)anywhere. We are an office-first company, and we encourage all employees to come regularly to their local office.
- Travelling is our passion. Discover the world with your free Flix rides and bring along your friends and family for half price.
- Teamwork makes the dream work. Our FlixTeam has people from over 80 different nations. We work in a multicultural environment where we can challenge and support each other.
- We're not only green in color. We’re building for the long term, and that means protecting our planet. We constantly test new green technologies and compensate for the CO2 after all our business travel since 2018.
- Your well-being is important to us. To treat your mind and body we will give you a competitive paid time off package, mental health support including 1:1 consultations with a psychologist, and a neat discount on UrbanSportsClub memberships.
Want to rewrite the history of mobility with us? Then join our ride and apply now. We're excited to hear from you!
Flix – A place to enjoy work and have an impact
The future of transportation is Green. Here at Flix Tech, the R&D group, we develop software with the brightest minds from around the world to engineer new experiences for our millions of customers across our apps and websites. Every day we solve challenging problems, like how to scale rapidly around the world and how to make an experience that delights our customers. We have a culture of sharing ideas, contributing to open source projects and being an active member in our technical communities.
Flix is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy and gender identity), national, social or ethnic origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, age, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements, competence and merit.