Operations Manager (North Portugal - South Spain)
We're looking for a motivated and driven Operations Manager who will help us shape our team, drive the company to the next level, and have the most direct influence on our success. Hybrid model, we have the office in Lisbon, but ideally you are located in Porto to be able to visit Flixbus’ bus partners based in the north of Portugal and the northwest of Spain
Your Tasks – Paint the world green
- You are responsible for managing all operational topics concerning Flixbus’ bus partners based in the north of Portugal and the northwest of Spain
- You are also responsible for monitoring and improving all aspects regarding quality and safety
- You work hand on hand with other teams to build, maintain, and develop long-lasting partnerships with these Bus partners and Flix presence in the bus terminals in this geographical area
- You train, support, and develop the drivers of these Bus Partners and Conduct regular inspections of buses to ensure everything meets our quality standards
- You will take responsibility for an accurate start of each new line and constant improvement of the quality of line operations, especially regarding fleet, drivers and punctuality.
- You take part in different cross-functional operational projects
Your Profile – Ready to hop on board
- 3-6 years of work experience in operations (transportation) in Portugal and/or Spain
- Ability to adequately deal with different stakeholders (bus terminal managers, bus drivers, operations supervisors or regional authorities) with high social and negotiation skills
- Trustworthiness, engagement, and flexibility as well as a hands-on mentality
- Independent, reliable and responsible working style
- You are willing to travel every week within this geographical area but also to Lisbon/Madrid, so ideally you are located in Porto
- This job will be hybrid, which gives you freedom to be located in Porto
- Spanish and Portuguese (native/proficient speaker level), highly fluent in English. Language skills will be tested.
Our Perks – More than just a job
- You have an impact. With innovation and smart technology, we are creating the easiest way to travel. We want your ideas and give you autonomy to make them reality.
- Flix is flexible. Organize your own schedule with trust-based hours and up to 60 days of working from (m)anywhere. We are an office-first company, and we encourage all employees to come regularly to their local office.
- Travelling is our passion. Discover the world with your free Flix rides and bring along your friends and family for half price.
- Teamwork makes the dream work. Our FlixTeam has people from over 80 different nations. We work in a multicultural environment where we can challenge and support each other.
- We're not only green in color. We’re building for the long term, and that means protecting our planet. We constantly test new green technologies and compensate for the CO2 after all our business travel since 2018.
- Your well-being is important to us. To treat your mind and body we will give you a competitive paid time off package, mental health support including 1:1 consultations with a psychologist, and a neat discount on UrbanSportsClub memberships.
Want to rewrite the history of mobility with us? Then join our ride and apply now. We're excited to hear from you!
We are a global mobility provider with headquarters in Europe and the United States. Since 2013, we have changed the way millions of people have traveled, offering new alternatives for convenient, affordable and eco-friendly travel. Thanks to a unique business model and innovative technology, we have quickly established one of the largest long-distance mobility networks in the world – and our journey has just begun.
The following video shows our amazing success story: