PR Communications Manager
We're looking for a motivated and driven PR Communications Manager who will help us shape our team, drive the company to the next level, and have direct influence on our success. The PR Communications Manager serves as primary media spokesperson and steward of the company’s reputation. The PR Communications Manager will support the development and execution of public relations strategies including earned media, crisis communications, corporate initiatives, executive speaking engagements, and interview opportunities. Other responsibilities include management of all content, material and assets geared towards media and community relations executed across multiple channels.
Your Tasks – Paint the world green
- Create and execute the PR strategy, planning and execution aligned with global communication and supporting localized business goals
- Create and distribute various communication content including press releases, statements, talking points/briefings, proactive pitches and supporting assets including graphics, photos, and videos
- Respond to media inquiries with messaging that protects the company and is delivered in a concise, accurate and timely manner
- Work with cross functional teams including HQ Comms, Internal Comms, Marketing, Operations, Legal, etc. to align on content, messaging, and provide PR support as required
- Implement 360 and thought leadership approach into communication planning across all relevant channels and formats (PR channels, social media, conferences, industry talks, podcasts, network events and other)
- Proactively position relevant content, news, and people to garner positive coverage for the company and its brands
- Build and maintain media and public stakeholder relations; including organizing press events, media sessions, roundtables and exclusive interviews, briefings, and preparing Q&A material, and speaker training
- Serve as the primary liaison with civic and transit officials for PR efforts related to intermodal/location moves, grand opening events and ribbon-cutting/ground-breaking ceremonies
- Serve as a key member of the crisis management team and is the primary point of contact for related media inquiries
- Lead issues triage and escalation in partnership with the Crisis Management Team and agency resources
Your Profile – Ready to hop on board
- Bachelor’s degree in public relations, journalism, communications, or related field
- 5-10 years prior work experience in PR agency or in-house corporate comms
- Experience as a company spokesperson
- Experience in reputation and issues management or reactive crisis communication preferred
- Prior media relations skills preferred
- Can synthesize large amount of information and distill key points clearly, succinctly, and quickly
- Proven ability to think ahead, engage proactively and take initiative
- Able to achieve results in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Professional soft skills include critical thinking, highly-organized, strong work ethic, problem-solving, adaptability, time management and teamwork
- Highly responses and able to be on-call as needed
- PR agency experience a plus
Our Perks – More than just a job
- You have an impact. With innovation and smart technology, we are creating the easiest way to travel. We want your ideas and give you autonomy to make them reality.
- Flix is flexible. Organize your own schedule with trust-based hours and up to 60 days of working from (m)anywhere. We are an office-first company, and we encourage all employees to come regularly to their local office.
- Travelling is our passion. Discover the world with your free Flix rides and bring along your friends and family for half price.
- Teamwork makes the dream work. Our FlixTeam has people from over 80 different nations. We work in a multicultural environment where we can challenge and support each other.
- We're not only green in color. We’re building for the long term, and that means protecting our planet. We constantly test new green technologies and compensate for the CO2 after all our business travel since 2018.
- Your well-being is important to us. To treat your mind and body we will give you a competitive paid time off package, mental health support including 1:1 consultations with a psychologist, and a neat discount on UrbanSportsClub memberships.
The salary range for this role is commensurate with experience, skills, and location: $80,000-$90,000
Want to rewrite the history of mobility with us? Then join our ride and apply now. We're excited to hear from you!
We are a global mobility provider with headquarters in Europe and the United States. Since 2013, we have changed the way millions of people have traveled, offering new alternatives for convenient, affordable and eco-friendly travel. Thanks to a unique business model and innovative technology, we have quickly established one of the largest long-distance mobility networks in the world – and our journey has just begun.
The following video shows our amazing success story:
We need your consent to load the Youtube service!
We use a third party service to embed video content that may collect data about your activity. Please review the details and accept the service to watch this video.
This content is not permitted to load due to trackers that are not disclosed to the visitor. The website owner needs to setup the site with their CMP to add this content to the list of technologies used.