Senior Software Engineer (m/f/d) - Python
We're looking for a motivated and driven Senior Software Engineer (m/f/d) - Python who will help us shape our team, drive the company to the next level, and have the most direct influence on our success.
Your Tasks – Paint the world green
- You're a Quality Advocate:An advocate for unit testing and test-driven development (TDD), ensuring that our codebase maintains top-notch quality and reliability.
- You're a Design Fan:Applying design patterns and industry best practices, you take pride in creating clean, maintainable and efficient code.
- You're a Cloud Master:Proficient in configuring and optimizing AWS cloud resources, turning them into a stage for optimal performance and scalability.
- You're a CI/CD Virtuoso:Setting up and meticulously maintaining continuous integration and deployment pipelines using GitLab CI/CD comes naturally to you.
Your Profile – Ready to hop on board
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field (or equivalent practical experience).
- Extensive experience with Python frameworks such as Flask or FastAPI, familiarity with React and Redux/MobX is a plus.
- Solid understanding of asynchronous programming techniques.
- Proven experience with unit testing and test-driven development.
- Familiarity with design patterns and writing clean, maintainable code.
- Experience writing infrastructure code, preferably using Terraform.
- Previous experience with AWS cloud services and resource management (SNS/SQS/S3/ECS/EC2/lambdas), experience with serverless functions is a plus.
- Hands-on experience with setting up CI/CD pipelines, preferably using GitLab.
- Proficiency in configuring Datadog monitoring and observability.
- Experience working with databases such as PostgreSQL, DynamoDB and Redis.
- Expertise in building event-driven architectures and managing real-time data streams, Kafka knowledge is a plus.
Our Perks – More than just a job
- You have an impact. With innovation and smart technology, we are creating the easiest way to travel. We want your ideas and give you autonomy to make them reality.
- Flix is flexible. Organize your own schedule with trust-based hours and up to 60 days of working from (m)anywhere. We are an office-first company, and we encourage all employees to come regularly to their local office.
- Travelling is our passion. Discover the world with your free Flix rides and bring along your friends and family for half price.
- Teamwork makes the dream work. Our FlixTeam has people from over 80 different nations. We work in a multicultural environment where we can challenge and support each other.
- We're not only green in color. We’re building for the long term, and that means protecting our planet. We constantly test new green technologies and compensate for the CO2 after all our business travel since 2018.
- Your well-being is important to us. To treat your mind and body we will give you a competitive paid time off package, mental health support including 1:1 consultations with a psychologist, and a neat discount on UrbanSportsClub memberships.
Want to rewrite the history of mobility with us? Then join our ride and apply now. We're excited to hear from you!
Flix – A place to enjoy work and have an impact
The future of transportation is Green. Here at Flix Tech, the R&D group, we develop software with the brightest minds from around the world to engineer new experiences for our millions of customers across our apps and websites. Every day we solve challenging problems, like how to scale rapidly around the world and how to make an experience that delights our customers. We have a culture of sharing ideas, contributing to open source projects and being an active member in our technical communities.
Flix is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy and gender identity), national, social or ethnic origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, age, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements, competence and merit.