Senior PHP Developer (m/f/d) - Team Payments
We're looking for a motivated and driven Senior PHP Developer who will help us shape our team, drive the company to the next level, and have the most direct influence on our success.
You will be part of the customer-facing Payments Product Engineering team, which focuses on providing an easy and intuitive checkout experience. Most of our services are written in PHP with a React.js front-end. Currently, we are writing some new services in Kotlin, so in case you have experience working with Kotlin or you are willing to learn, our team is a great place for you:)
Our payments team consists of three back-end, two front-end Engineers, an Engineering People Manager, and a Product Owner. We constantly strive for high progression and payment authorization rates in the payments team, improving payment efficiency and revenue protection, and ensuring data reliability. We will soon be integrating more local payment methods in various markets and solving numerous engineering challenges.
Join us in Team Payments to ensure we deliver a top-of-the-line, seamless, and secure payment experience for the world to enjoy green and smart mobility.
Your Tasks – Paint the world green
- You design technical solutions that serve millions of users
- You decouple our large systems into independent services and self-contained systems
- You optimize databases that have hundreds of millions of rows
- You write SOLID, maintainable, flexible, testable, and tested code
- You analyze, propose, and drive technology improvements
- You support our CI/CD environment and produce a positive impact with each release
- You are part of an autonomous cross-functional team, and you are responsible for the payments product from concept until implementation
- You work closely with your fellow team members; for example, you are doing pair and mob programming, code reviews, and testing
Your Profile – Ready to hop on board
- Solution-oriented attitude with a focus on materializing the business vision through technical means
- Experience with PHP, Symfony
- Experience or willingness to grow in: MySQL, NGINX, AWS, Kubernetes, Docker, Redis, Design Patterns
- Solid experience with distributed messaging systems (Kafka or others)
- Being familiar with CI/CD best practices (unit and integration testing/Ansible/Gitlab CI), Agile Project Management, and PHPStorm
- Good SQL experience and a good understanding of an ORM's internals
- Bachelor/Master in Computer Science, Information Systems, or relevant industry experience
- Fluent in English
Nice to have
- Experience with a JVM language (we use Kotlin)
Our Perks – More than just a job
- You have an impact. With innovation and smart technology, we are creating the easiest way to travel. We want your ideas and give you autonomy to make them reality.
- Flix is flexible. Organize your own schedule with trust-based hours and up to 60 days of working from (m)anywhere. We are an office-first company, and we encourage all employees to come regularly to their local office.
- Travelling is our passion. Discover the world with your free Flix rides and bring along your friends and family for half price.
- Teamwork makes the dream work. Our FlixTeam has people from over 80 different nations. We work in a multicultural environment where we can challenge and support each other.
- We're not only green in color. We’re building for the long term, and that means protecting our planet. We constantly test new green technologies and compensate for the CO2 after all our business travel since 2018.
- Your well-being is important to us. To treat your mind and body we will give you a competitive paid time off package, mental health support including 1:1 consultations with a psychologist, and a neat discount on UrbanSportsClub memberships.
Want to rewrite the history of mobility with us? Then join our ride and apply now. We're excited to hear from you!
Flix – A place to enjoy work and have an impact
The future of transportation is Green. Here at Flix Tech, the R&D group, we develop software with the brightest minds from around the world to engineer new experiences for our millions of customers across our apps and websites. Every day we solve challenging problems, like how to scale rapidly around the world and how to make an experience that delights our customers. We have a culture of sharing ideas, contributing to open source projects and being an active member in our technical communities.
Flix is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy and gender identity), national, social or ethnic origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, age, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements, competence and merit.