Software Engineer with Cloud Infrastructure Experience
We're looking for a motivated and driven Software Engineer with experience in Cloud Infrastructure (m/f/d) who will help us shape the future of data protection and compliance at Flix. Our team's vision is to become as user-centric & efficient as possible by focusing on our stakeholders' feedback, optimizing the usability of our services, and automating every process as much as possible. By joining our team you can help lift the company to the next level in data compliance, and have a direct impact on creating a trusted systems to treat our customer's data with the respect it deserves.
About the team you'd be working with
The team you will be joining works on creating systems and products that enable all other tech teams at Flix to process personal identifiable data in a legally compliant manner. You will work closely with one of our Senior Product Owners in the growing field of Data Protection and Data Compliance, have the opportunity to meet and collaborate with stakeholders from many different areas of the company and help us in creating and rolling out a new tooling. Flix is a data-driven company and our team is an essential part of making sure that data is shared in a compliant manner. By joining the team you will not only find great challenges ahead, but you will meet knowledgeable, approachable, and motivated people in an environment of trust, flexibility, and open mindedness. Our top priority is to uplift our current systems towards a compliant, user-centric & very easy-to-use solutions. You will have the chance to influence this path & meet many users of our services to support them diving into the specifics of our services & using them. Moreover, you always have the ability to highlight when things could be improved as we are living an open feedback culture within the team and beyond. Ideally you are located in Munich but you can also work fully remotely from anywhere in Germany.
Your Tasks – Paint the world green
- As part of a central platform team, you will help us harden our data compliance processes, and make it easy and seamless for our globally distributed teams to leverage data while complying with regulations in markets that we operate in.
- We use different cloud providers and many services/tools to store and process data across the company, and you will have the opportunity to collaborate with many teams to help them integrate with central processes and services.
- You will play a key role in ensuring the reliability and scalability of our platform.
- You will design architectures and build software to automate processes.
- You will have the opportunity to collaborate with different teams and get to know their tech stacks, so having significant exposure to the technical landscape used at Flix.
- You will help standardize our processes, and can impact large parts of the organization.
Your Profile – Ready to hop on board
- Own the full software delivery lifecycle (incl CI/CD, monitoring/alerting, observability)
- Hands-on experience in managing and automating cloud infrastructure (e.g. AWS, Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure)
- Experience with continuous application deployment and containerized application delivery (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes)
- Strong programming skills, with experience in object oriented design (Python, Java, Kotlin, Scala)
- Understanding of distributed systems and data streaming (experience using Kafka)
- Experience working with relational databases (MySQL) and NoSQL databases (DynamoDB, Cassandra)
- Experience with building and maintaining microservices using event driven architecture and REST APIs
- Strong ownership for your services and experience in agile working environments
- Fluent English: written and spoken
Our Perks – More than just a job
- You have an impact. With innovation and smart technology, we are creating the easiest way to travel. We want your ideas and give you autonomy to make them reality.
- Flix is flexible. Organize your own schedule with trust-based hours and up to 60 days of working from (m)anywhere. We are an office-first company, and we encourage all employees to come regularly to their local office.
- Travelling is our passion. Discover the world with your free Flix rides and bring along your friends and family for half price.
- Teamwork makes the dream work. Our FlixTeam has people from over 80 different nations. We work in a multicultural environment where we can challenge and support each other.
- We're not only green in color. We’re building for the long term, and that means protecting our planet. We constantly test new green technologies and compensate for the CO2 after all our business travel since 2018.
- Your well-being is important to us. To treat your mind and body we will give you a competitive paid time off package, mental health support including 1:1 consultations with a psychologist, and a neat discount on UrbanSportsClub memberships.
Want to rewrite the history of mobility with us? Then join our ride and apply now. We're excited to hear from you!
Flix – A place to enjoy work and have an impact
The future of transportation is Green. Here at Flix Tech, the R&D group, we develop software with the brightest minds from around the world to engineer new experiences for our millions of customers across our apps and websites. Every day we solve challenging problems, like how to scale rapidly around the world and how to make an experience that delights our customers. We have a culture of sharing ideas, contributing to open source projects and being an active member in our technical communities.
Flix is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy and gender identity), national, social or ethnic origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, age, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements, competence and merit.