Product Owner - IT Data Compliance
We're looking for a motivated and driven Product Owner – IT Data Compliance (m/f/d) who will help us shape the future of data protection and compliance at Flix.
Our team's vision is to become as user-centric & efficient as possible by focusing on our stakeholders' feedback, optimizing the usability of our services, and automating every process as much as possible. By joining our team you can help lift the company to the next level in data compliance, and have a direct impact on creating trusted systems to treat our customer's data with the respect it deserves.
About the team you'd be working with
The team you will be joining works on creating systems and products that enable all other tech teams at Flix to process personal identifiable data in a legally compliant manner. You will have the opportunity to meet and collaborate with stakeholders from many different areas of the company and help us in creating and rolling out new tooling. Flix is a data-driven company and our team is an essential part of making sure that data is shared in a compliant manner. By joining the team you will not only find great challenges ahead, but you will meet knowledgeable, approachable, and motivated people in an environment of trust, flexibility, and open mindedness. Our top priority is to uplift our current systems towards compliant, user-centric & very easy-to-use solutions. You will have the chance to influence this path & meet many users of our services to support them by diving into the specifics of our services & using them. Moreover, you always have the ability to highlight when things could be improved as we are living an open feedback culture within the team and beyond. Ideally you are located in Munich but you can also work fully remotely from anywhere in Germany.
Your Tasks – Paint the world green
- As part of a central platform team, you will help us strengthen our data compliance processes, and make it easy and seamless for our globally distributed teams to leverage data while complying with regulations in all markets that we operate in.
- You will work on prioritising what needs to be done together with our business stakeholders, to ensure we minimize compliance risks across geographies.
- You will break down work together with the team, and evaluate with them the best technical approaches to ensure we are a compliant organization.
- You will be part of a cross functional team, working in agile scrum sprints.
Your Profile – Ready to hop on board
- Strong communication skills: you're able to clarify complex topics with stakeholders.
- Strong prioritization skills: you can evaluate compliance requirements from different geographical regions and prioritize them according to risk.
- Big picture mindset & understanding of dependencies: you can articulate a vision of where we're going with our product, and understand technical and business dependencies.
- Project management: you can coordinate with the team to deliver working solutions within expected time-frames.
- Good understanding of micro-services architecture and software applications.
- Interest in diving into compliance topics across geographies.
- Fluent in English: written and spoken.
The following are nice-to-have
Would be great if you have these experiences, but please apply even if you don't.
- Experience with compliance topics, e.g. knowledge of GDPR, implementing technical security measures, etc.
- Experience with creating/monitoring standards across diverse systems.
Our Perks – More than just a job
- You have an impact. With innovation and smart technology, we are creating the easiest way to travel. We want your ideas and give you autonomy to make them reality.
- Flix is flexible. Organize your own schedule with trust-based hours and up to 60 days of working from (m)anywhere. We are an office-first company, and we encourage all employees to come regularly to their local office.
- Travelling is our passion. Discover the world with your free Flix rides and bring along your friends and family for half price.
- Teamwork makes the dream work. Our FlixTeam has people from over 80 different nations. We work in a multicultural environment where we can challenge and support each other.
- We're not only green in color. We’re building for the long term, and that means protecting our planet. We constantly test new green technologies and compensate for the CO2 after all our business travel since 2018.
- Your well-being is important to us. To treat your mind and body we will give you a competitive paid time off package, mental health support including 1:1 consultations with a psychologist, and a neat discount on UrbanSportsClub memberships.
Want to rewrite the history of mobility with us? Then join our ride and apply now. We're excited to hear from you!
Flix – A place to enjoy work and have an impact
The future of transportation is Green. Here at Flix Tech, the R&D group, we develop software with the brightest minds from around the world to engineer new experiences for our millions of customers across our apps and websites. Every day we solve challenging problems, like how to scale rapidly around the world and how to make an experience that delights our customers. We have a culture of sharing ideas, contributing to open source projects and being an active member in our technical communities.
Flix is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy and gender identity), national, social or ethnic origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, age, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements, competence and merit.