Working Student - Data Engineer (m/f/d)
Data Engineer - Working Student (m/f/d)
We're looking for motivated and driven Data Engineer - Working Student (m/f/d) who is eager to develop their skills within our Flix family! You will be part of a self-organized, cross-functional team of professionals consisting of a Product Owner, Frontend, and Full Stack / Backend Engineers, who are driving Flix's operational mobile-strategy
The team develops an app that supports drivers all around the world in their daily operations. It is not only a fundamental part of the driver's work, but also gathers important resources (e.g. location and compliance data) that other teams rely upon, making it an essential part within the Flix ecosystem. Besides the app itself, the team also maintains a separate Frontend (React), as well as a Backend that aggregates data to be used by the app, so there are also possibilities for personal improvement in one of those areas in the future.
If you're excited about working on a constantly evolving, user facing product that is used by thousands of people, send us your application!
Your Responsibilities – Paint the world green
- Supporting with data-related investigations and queries (e.g. fraud detection)
- Enhance and optimize existing PowerBI data-reports
- Work with product owner and stakeholders to define KPIs, and create meaningful dashboards to visualize critical data sets
- Work directly with senior engineers and contribute to our data-streams strategy
Your Profile – Ready to hop on board
- You finished your first year of studies, and you are studying Computer Science or similar technical program in your Bachelor
- You live in Berlin or close by and are willing to come to the office (hybrid working model)
- You have strong analytical skills
- You enjoy extracting meaningful insights from data, and presenting them to stakeholders
- You have good communication skills and a pragmatic, solution driven style of work
- You enjoy an agile, autonomous environment where you own your work
- Previous experience with SQL is a must
- Good understanding of database structures
- Knowledge with PowerBI and Snowflake a big plus
Our Perks – More than just a job
- You have an impact. With innovation and smart technology, we are creating the easiest way to travel. We want your ideas and give you autonomy to make them reality.
- Flix is flexible. Organize your own schedule with trust-based hours and up to 60 days of working from (m)anywhere. We are an office-first company, and we encourage all employees to come regularly to their local office.
- Travelling is our passion. Discover the world with your free Flix rides and bring along your friends and family for half price.
- Teamwork makes the dream work. Our FlixTeam has people from over 80 different nations. We work in a multicultural environment where we can challenge and support each other.
- We're not only green in color. We’re building for the long term, and that means protecting our planet. We constantly test new green technologies and compensate for the CO2 after all our business travel since 2018.
- Your well-being is important to us. To treat your mind and body we will give you a competitive paid time off package, mental health support including 1:1 consultations with a psychologist, and a neat discount on UrbanSportsClub memberships.
Want to rewrite the history of mobility with us? Then join our ride and apply now. We're excited to hear from you!
Flix – A place to enjoy work and have an impact
The future of transportation is Green. Here at Flix Tech, the R&D group, we develop software with the brightest minds from around the world to engineer new experiences for our millions of customers across our apps and websites. Every day we solve challenging problems, like how to scale rapidly around the world and how to make an experience that delights our customers. We have a culture of sharing ideas, contributing to open source projects and being an active member in our technical communities.
Flix is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy and gender identity), national, social or ethnic origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, age, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements, competence and merit.