Senior Frontend Engineer - Crew Management Team (m/f/d)
We're looking for a driven Senior Frontend Engineer (m/f/d) to join our new Crew Dispatch team who will help to shape the team, drive the company to the next level, and have the most direct influence on our success.
This self-organized and cross-functional team will be developing products that manage FlixBus and FlixTrain crew (drivers, hosts, conductors, etc.) processes that happen before, during, and after a ride - planning assignments and schedules, executing and reconciling them for various mobility partners of Flix located around the world (e.g Greyhound, Kamil Koç). The plan for 2023 is to have a team of 5 people, including Backend and Frontend Engineers, UX designer and Product Owner. You will be part of the development team to ensure that our product is both functional and aesthetically pleasing, while also maximizing efficiency and productivity.
This is a unique opportunity to shape the product's architecture, design, and user experience, contributing to its success from the ground up. As a pivotal member of our team, you will have the autonomy to drive innovation, solve complex challenges, and create a lasting impact on our organization.
Your Tasks – Paint the world green
- Lead the end-to-end development of a new product, taking ownership of the frontend architecture, design, and implementation.
- Design and implement robust, scalable, and maintainable frontend components that prioritize user experience, performance, and responsiveness.
- Contribute to finding the best solutions for getting, organizing and providing customer service products that make our operations easier.
- You will be part of a self-organized, cross-functional distributed team owning the customer service products and will hence directly contribute to the success of the business;
- You and your team will place our users at the centre when developing solutions together;
- You drive the development process using an Agile environment;
- You will work with and learn how to use cutting-edge technologies and tools;
Your Profile – Ready to hop on board
- 5+ years of hands-on expertise as a Frontend Engineer;
- Extensive knowledge and skill in HTML/CSS;
- Mandatory experience in working with the React ecosystem;
- Strong understanding of frontend architecture patterns, state management;
- Apply test coverage to your code and familiarity with various test runners;
- Excellent problem-solving skills, with a demonstrated ability to analyze and decompose complex problems into manageable tasks.
- Upper-intermediate level of English or higher;
- Thriving in an agile work environment;
- Willingness to travel to Berlin.
Nice to have
- Experience in leading the development of complex projects or products from scratch.
- Familiarity with GraphQL;
- Experience with cloud platforms (AWS)
Our Perks – More than just a job
- You have an impact. With innovation and smart technology, we are creating the easiest way to travel. We want your ideas and give you autonomy to make them reality.
- Flix is flexible. Organize your own schedule with trust-based hours and up to 60 days of working from (m)anywhere. We are an office-first company, and we encourage all employees to come regularly to their local office.
- Travelling is our passion. Discover the world with your free Flix rides and bring along your friends and family for half price.
- Teamwork makes the dream work. Our FlixTeam has people from over 80 different nations. We work in a multicultural environment where we can challenge and support each other.
- We're not only green in color. We’re building for the long term, and that means protecting our planet. We constantly test new green technologies and compensate for the CO2 after all our business travel since 2018.
- Your well-being is important to us. To treat your mind and body we will give you a competitive paid time off package, mental health support including 1:1 consultations with a psychologist, and a neat discount on UrbanSportsClub memberships.
Want to rewrite the history of mobility with us? Then join our ride and apply now. We're excited to hear from you!
We are a global mobility provider with headquarters in Europe and the United States. Since 2013, we have changed the way millions of people have traveled, offering new alternatives for convenient, affordable and eco-friendly travel. Thanks to a unique business model and innovative technology, we have quickly established one of the largest long-distance mobility networks in the world – and our journey has just begun.
The following video shows our amazing success story: