Senior Software Engineer (m/f/d) - Data Compliance
We're looking for a motivated and driven Senior Software Engineer (m/f/d) - Data Compliance who will help us shape the future of data protection and compliance at Flix. Our team's vision is to become as user-centric & efficient as possible by focusing on our stakeholders' feedback, optimizing the usability of our services, and automating every process as much as possible. By joining our team you can help lift the company to the next level in data compliance, and have a direct impact on creating a trusted systems to treat our customer's data with the respect it deserves.
About the team you'd be working with
The team you will be joining works on creating systems and products that enable all other tech teams at Flix to process personal identifiable data in a legally compliant manner. You will work closely with one of our Senior Product Owners in the growing field of Data Protection and Data Compliance, have the opportunity to meet and collaborate with stakeholders from many different areas of the company and help us in creating and rolling out a new tooling. Flix is a data-driven company and our team is an essential part of making sure that the data is being used in a compliant manner. By joining the team you will not only find great challenges ahead, but you will meet knowledgeable, approachable, and motivated people in an environment of trust, flexibility, and open mindedness. Our top priority is to uplift our current systems towards a compliant, user-centric & very easy-to-use solutions. You will have the chance to influence this path & meet many users of our services to support them diving into the specifics of our services & using them. Moreover, you always have the ability to highlight when things could be improved as we are living an open feedback culture within the team and beyond. Ideally you are located in Munich but you can also work fully remotely from anywhere in Germany.
Your Tasks – Paint the world green
- As part of a platform team, you will help us evolve our data compliance processes to make it easy and seamless for our globally distributed teams to leverage data while complying with regulations in markets that we operate in.
- We use different cloud providers and many services/tools to store and process data across the company, and you will have the opportunity to collaborate with many teams to help them integrate with central processes and services.
- You will play a key role in taking our platform to the next level.
- You will play a key role in designing the software architecture and build software products to automate and verify compliance processes.
- You will have the opportunity to collaborate with different teams and get to know their tech stacks, so having significant exposure to the technical landscape used at Flix.
- You will help standardise our current processes which can have impact on large parts of the organisation.
Your Profile – Ready to hop on board
- 5+ years experience with backend software development in one of these programming languages (Java, Kotlin, Python).
- Strong experience in launching, testing and maintaining software products with hands on experience in software design and architecture.
- Strong hands on experience in automation and deployment of applications into cloud infrastructure (AWS, GCP, Azure) using Docker, Kubernetes.
- Solid understanding of building reliable distributed systems.
- Strong experience in owning the full software delivery lifecycle (including CI/CD, monitoring/alerting, observability).
- Experience in working with Agile working environments.
- Experience in building and maintaining microservices using DDD, Hexagonal Architecture, EDA and REST APIs.
The following are nice-to-have
Would be great if you have these experiences, but please apply even if you don't.
- Experience in working with Confluent Kafka, Snowflake and data cataloging tools [ Datahub, Collibra, Apache Atlas, Amundsen ].
- Experience in implementing data mesh and working with data governance and compliance related processes and services.
- Experience in working with privacy and security related topics
- Secure integration with third party services or vendors, defining RBAC / IAM policies, and best practices to secure applications.
- Have a good understanding of web application security risks, e.g. OWASP, and experience in resolving web application security issues.
Experience in building data pipelines and connectors for moving data from one datasource to another.
- eg. Knowledge of building analytical workloads for (Reporting, AI/ML, SQL) etc.
- Experience in mentoring other engineers and establishing best practices through engineering leadership.
If you're interested but hesitant to apply... please do!
Might be that you bring other relevant expertise and experiences we haven't listed and we'd be sad to miss the chance of finding a place where you can thrive at Flix.
Diversity & Inclusion
If you're hesitant to apply because you're self taught or come from a different educational background, please don't let it stop you from applying.
If you're hesitant to apply because you're not part of the dominant gender in this industry, please don't let it stop you from applying.
If you're hesitant to apply because you're neurodiverse (autism, Asperger, etc), please don't let that stop you from applying.
If you're hesitant to apply because you're deaf, have reduced mobility, etc, please don't let that stop you from applying.
We're not perfect, but we're dedicated to creating an inclusive environment.
The world needs more people like you applying for jobs like this.
Want to rewrite the history of mobility with us? Then join our ride and apply now. We're excited to hear from you!