Director of Procurement
We're looking for a motivated and driven Director of Procurement who will help us shape our team, drive the company to the next level, and have the most direct influence on our success. The Director of Procurement is a highly visible and impactful leadership role with the expectation, opportunity, and resources to be a catalyst of change and elevate the procurement function’s capabilities, processes, tools, and results of our three North America businesses. Reporting to the Flix North America CFO with a strong partnership with our parent company procurement leadership in Germany, the Director is charged with optimizing supplier cost, quality, and performance, leveraging global purchasing agreements and scale to improve local terms, conditions, and costs, enhancing analytics and visibility to spend, and ensuring effective, efficient control over North America spend. The Director will be expected to demonstrate a working knowledge of world-class sourcing, negotiation, and analytical practices, and to effectively engage, energize and influence direct reports and stakeholders alike.
Your Tasks – Paint the world green
- Oversee and direct the management and development of objective supplier programs as well as effectively monitor relationships with them to support achievement of the program objectives while working in the best interest of the company.
- Analysis, evaluation, and compliance monitoring of spend analytics across all categories of construct logical sourcing strategies, develop fact-based alternatives and control spend within established guidelines.
- Work with stakeholders cross functionally to gain acceptance of commitment to, and compliance with the program of strategic sourcing methodologies, policies, and procedures.
- Prepare executive presentations to effectively communicate supplier decisions and performance through program reporting and monitoring of relevant KPI’s.
- Oversee and direct the Supplier Diversity program to identify, partner with and leverage relevant women, minority, and veteran-owned businesses beneficial to the North America business.
- Direct and implement automated solutions by promoting the use of technology and standardized solutions for managing supplier contracts in a database, requisition to pay through invoice and PO systematic capture and approval routing, and a systematic means of capturing and monitoring facility repairs and maintenance.
Your Profile – Ready to hop on board
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, Accounting, or other quantitative business discipline. MBA or equivalent a plus.
- 10 plus years of procurement experience including experience in strategic sourcing, negotiation, contracting, and analytics in a business with at least $100 million in spend.
- 5-7 years’ experience leading, managing and developing a procurement team.
- Working knowledge of and experience with refined petroleum products sourcing, pricing, and procurement a plus.
- Current working knowledge of world class strategic sourcing best practices.
- Strong track record of driving savings initiatives with ability to demonstrate measurable results from a focused supply base.
- Successful supplier compliance monitoring and KPI management
- Experience utilizing accounting and ERP systems such as JD Edwards and Oracle Fusion.
- Ability to apply analytical and critical thinking skills as well as draw conclusions and prepare accurate reports of results.
- Strong skills in strategic visioning, development, and execution
- Experience in vendor and contract management including writing, reviewing and negotiating contracts.
- Team player who can work effectively across all departments and with all levels of the organization.
- Strong communicator internally and externally with suppliers both verbally and through written proposals and presentation skills.
- Strong action-oriented self-starter who can lead and drive change. Recognizes opportunities for optimization, standardization, consolidation and automation and takes action to capture the identified opportunities.
- Training and demonstrated experience in effective negotiation methodologies and tactics.
- Availability for travel up to 10% of the time, both domestic and international
Our Perks – More than just a job
- You have an impact. With innovation and smart technology, we are creating the easiest way to travel. We want your ideas and give you autonomy to make them reality.
- Flix is flexible. Organize your own schedule with trust-based hours and up to 60 days of working from (m)anywhere. We are an office-first company, and we encourage all employees to come regularly to their local office.
- Travelling is our passion. Discover the world with your free Flix rides and bring along your friends and family for half price.
- Teamwork makes the dream work. Our FlixTeam has people from over 80 different nations. We work in a multicultural environment where we can challenge and support each other.
- We're not only green in color. We’re building for the long term, and that means protecting our planet. We constantly test new green technologies and compensate for the CO2 after all our business travel since 2018.
- Your well-being is important to us. To treat your mind and body we will give you a competitive paid time off package, mental health support including 1:1 consultations with a psychologist, and a neat discount on UrbanSportsClub memberships.
Want to rewrite the history of mobility with us? Then join our ride and apply now. We're excited to hear from you!
We are a global mobility provider with headquarters in Europe and the United States. Since 2013, we have changed the way millions of people have traveled, offering new alternatives for convenient, affordable and eco-friendly travel. Thanks to a unique business model and innovative technology, we have quickly established one of the largest long-distance mobility networks in the world – and our journey has just begun.
The following video shows our amazing success story: