Senior UI/UX Designer - Team Crew Management
We're looking for a driven Senior UX/UI Designer to join our new Crew Dispatch team who will help to shape the team, drive the company to the next level, and have the most direct influence on our success.
This self-organized and cross-functional team will be developing products that manage FlixBus and FlixTrain crew (drivers, hosts, conductors, etc.) processes that happen before, during, and after a ride - planning assignments and schedules, executing and reconciling them for various mobility partners of Flix located around the world (e.g Greyhound, Kamil Koç). The plan for 2023 is to have a team of 5 people, including Backend and Frontend Engineers, UX designer and Product Owner. You will be part of the development team to ensure that our product is both functional and aesthetically pleasing, while also maximizing efficiency and productivity.
This is a unique opportunity to be part of a new development team, building a software product from scratch. As such, there will be a lot of discovery involved in the design process, as we work to identify the most efficient and effective workflows and user experiences.
Your Tasks – Paint the world green
- Conduct in-depth user research activities using methods such as interviews, surveys, and observations.
- Generate and contribute to creative ideas and concepts through brainstorming sessions and workshops, ensuring innovative and user-centered design solutions.
- Develop intuitive and visually appealing user interfaces, employing best practices in interaction design
- Contribute to the maintenance of design system, ensuring consistency and scalability across products
- Work closely with product owner, developers, and other stakeholders to understand requirements, provide design expertise
- Utilize metrics and analytics to inform design decisions, measure the success of design solutions, and continuously improve the user experience.
- Seamlessly adapt to shifting requirements, priorities, and project scopes;
- Apply Lean concepts to the design process;
Your Profile – Ready to hop on board
- At least 5 years of experience in UI/UX Design for web applications;
- You have a user-centric mindset;
- Experience planning, conducting and performing user research;
- Solid know-how with visual design-, prototyping- and testing tools;
- Passion for great designs and empathy for customer needs;
- Strong portfolio showcasing your UX/UI design work for software development products, highlighting your process and design thinking;
- Readiness to travel to Germany and USA to conduct user research and take part in workshops.
Our Perks – More than just a job
- You have an impact. With innovation and smart technology, we are creating the easiest way to travel. We want your ideas and give you autonomy to make them reality.
- Flix is flexible. Organize your own schedule with trust-based hours and up to 60 days of working from (m)anywhere. We are an office-first company, and we encourage all employees to come regularly to their local office.
- Travelling is our passion. Discover the world with your free Flix rides and bring along your friends and family for half price.
- Teamwork makes the dream work. Our FlixTeam has people from over 80 different nations. We work in a multicultural environment where we can challenge and support each other.
- We're not only green in color. We’re building for the long term, and that means protecting our planet. We constantly test new green technologies and compensate for the CO2 after all our business travel since 2018.
- Your well-being is important to us. To treat your mind and body we will give you a competitive paid time off package, mental health support including 1:1 consultations with a psychologist, and a neat discount on UrbanSportsClub memberships.
Want to rewrite the history of mobility with us? Then join our ride and apply now. We're excited to hear from you!
Flix – A place to enjoy work and have an impact
The future of transportation is Green. Here at Flix Tech, the R&D group, we develop software with the brightest minds from around the world to engineer new experiences for our millions of customers across our apps and websites. Every day we solve challenging problems, like how to scale rapidly around the world and how to make an experience that delights our customers. We have a culture of sharing ideas, contributing to open source projects and being an active member in our technical communities.
Flix is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy and gender identity), national, social or ethnic origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, age, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements, competence and merit.