Accounting & Finance
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Friday, May 12, 2023
This job is based out of our New York City HQ.
At FINN our mission is to make mobility fun and sustainable. We achieve this by offering all-inclusive car-subscriptions. For every car that our users drive, we offset their CO2 emissions. Join our movement.
As the Senior Accountant, you play a key role in how FINN is presented to US investors and financial markets! You ensure the proper functioning of our daily accounting activities and prepare accurate monthly financial statements according to GAAP. To do so, you identify and analyze anomalies, launch correction efforts and serve as the primary point of contact for other departments. You work directly with our Head of Accounting, external advisors, and auditors shaping our accounting function while experiencing significant professional development in line with FINN's growth!
- Manage the preparation of financial reports for internal and external stakeholders, ensuring a complete and fair representation of financial performance.
- Own the closing process: Ensure the preparation of financial statements for all our entities in time and quality, as a member of the accounting team. Develop into the primary point of contact for the Finance organizations of our international entities and colleagues. Contribute to the continuous improvement of our closing processes and design and implement accounting procedures for new types of business transactions.
- Drive the automation of local accounting processes and implementation of our ERP system in the US: Together with our engineering team, work to automate regular accounting processes and establish the proper controls to maintain accuracy. Own the implementation of our ERP system in the US to aid in the automation efforts and improve the efficiency of financial operations.
Why work at FINN?
- Competitive salary with equity participation of the company
- Annual personal development budget of $1,500
- A baseline comprehensive medical insurance plan with all premiums paid by FINN. An additional 5 PPO plans are available to satisfy any specific personal circumstance including an HSA option
- 401(k) with match eligibility for all full-time employees
- 20 days paid vacation with additional company holidays
- Hybrid office with flexible working hours
- Free lunch on in-office work days
- 12 weeks paid parental leave for primary parents, and 4 weeks paid parental leave for secondary parents
- You want to drive your own car with FINN? – Subscribe to a FINN car and receive a generous employee discount (subject to availability)
- 3+ years of work experience in accounting or audit. Big four or national accounting experience is a plus. Work experience in a fast-growing startup is also a plus.
- CPA, or parts passed.
- Good knowledge of GAAP, an understanding of IFRS is a plus. We support your professional training and certifications in this area of expertise.
- Self-starter with strong analytical skills and work with great attention to detail.
- Well organized and an excellent team player.
Please upload your resume online. Samuel Dallaire, Head of Accounting, and Kerri McDonald, Recruiter, are looking forward to your application!
Equal Employment Opportunity
FINN is an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type relating to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
We’re revolutionizing car ownership by breaking down barriers to access and are committed to creating a team that is reflective of our customers. We embrace and celebrate diversity and are dedicated to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
See more open positions at Finn Auto
Something looks off?