Head of Accounting Germany
Accounting & Finance
Posted on Friday, May 12, 2023
FINN makes mobility fun and sustainable. With a flexible car subscription, we bring a true e-commerce experience to car ownership and offset all CO2 emissions along the way. Join our fast-growing startup to build the most popular auto e-commerce platform. We work with the best car brands in the world and are backed by leading global investors.
As our Head of Accounting you run and grow FINN’s accounting team in Germany laying the foundation for our strong growth. You own all of our daily accounting activities and our monthly and yearly closing under German GAAP (HGB). In your role, you constantly question our existing accounting setup and push automation wherever possible. You become the go-to-expert for all accounting-related topics and work closely with our CFO, our VP Accounting & Reporting, external partners and authorities on a daily basis.
- This role is based in Munich with flexibility to work (temporarily) remotely from anywhere within Germany or from home. We prefer to have our Head of Accounting present at the HQ for at least 3 days per week.
- With massive growth potential, FINN allows you to quickly develop and succeed in a highly motivating startup environment with ambitious challenges in cross-functional teams.
- Competitive salary, significant virtual equity share of the company, along a yearly personal development budget of EUR 3.000.
- Profit from discounted qualitrain memberships, kindergarten allowance and the option to get a JobAuto or JobRad.
- Our open, modern office in the middle of Munich is known for loads of fun with amazing colleagues and frequent team events.
- Flexible working hours, Kindergarten allowance as well as agency support for finding childcare.
- You are responsible for leading and growing the accounting team in Germany on a daily basis and for supporting each team members' professional growth.
- Bring our accounting structures to the next level: You implement best-in-class accounting processes exploiting the possibilities of our new ERP system SAP S4/HANA and additional tools to make our accounting team as efficient as possible and to ensure full compliance with the latest regulations in Germany. Here you work closely with our Product Managers and Software Engineers to push automation wherever possible.
- You oversee our general ledger accounting and ensure that the monthly and yearly closing for all German entities are submitted within 5-10 business days. In your role, you focus relentlessly on improving the cycle time of our closing processes and increasing the accuracy of our financial statements.
- You oversee our asset accounting, accounts receivable accounting and accounts payable accounting on a daily basis. Together with our Sales and Engineering departments you streamline the payment and dunning process to optimize our cash collection and implement new tools to reduce transactional workload.
- You become an integral part of our international accounting organization by preparing individual and consolidated financial statements for the German sub group. You work closely with Group Reporting in the preparation of consolidated financial statements under IFRS and in the definition and implementation of accounting policies.
- Bachelor’s / Master’s degree in an accounting or finance related field of study. Professional certifications are a plus (Wirtschaftsprüfer, Steuerberater).
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in accounting and/or an accounting advisory. Work experience in a scale-up is a plus.
- Organized and experienced in leading a team on a daily basis. Communicative leader who knows how to eloquently excite others for their ideas.
- You are experienced in project and stakeholder management, follow a structured approach and are able to coordinate efficient processes across departments.
- Profound knowledge of HGB, StG and IFRS is a given.
- Experience implementing highly automated accounting processes with great attention to detail. Prior working experience with SAP is a plus.
Interested in Joining our Fast-Growing Startup?
Please upload your CV and transcripts online. Our Hiring Managers Daniel Janouschek and Zohal Mir are looking forward to your application and will get back to you as soon as possible!
Equal Employment Opportunity
FINN is an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type relating to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. We’re revolutionizing car ownership by breaking down barriers to access and are committed to creating a team that is reflective of our customers. We embrace and celebrate diversity and are dedicated to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
See more open positions at Finn Auto
Something looks off?