(Senior) Data Analyst Finance - US
IT, Accounting & Finance, Data Science
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Wednesday, September 20, 2023
FINN makes mobility fun and sustainable. Offering convenient and flexible car subscriptions, we bring a true e-commerce experience to car ownership and offset all CO2 emissions along the way. Join our fast-growing scale-up to build the most popular car subscription platform in Europe and the USA. We work with the best car brands in the world and have raised €169m in equity by leading global investors.
As a Data Analyst in the Finance department, you will take responsibility for advancing financial steering at FINN, with the position based in New York. You will also deeply understand the financial risks we need to manage and opportunities we can tap into. This ranges from working with the Strategic Finance Team to level up management reporting towards forecasting the likelihood of defaults & fraud for our underwriting or understanding levers to improve our vehicle financing efficiency. For this, you combine financial systems with operational data across FINN, using a state-of-the-art Data Stack. Being a data evangelist, you are a driver of advancing the data mindset in Finance and across FINN.
- Level Up our financial steering: You will be one of the key drivers advancing our most influential committees by building the data foundation for decision-making and crafting deeper analyses to steer our business.
- Become our underwriting expert: You develop the data models to understand customer defaults, fraud & delinquency, laying the foundation for better performing customers and higher profitability. Doing so, you work directly with our product teams to embed your models into our user flow, making decisions on customer acceptance, deposit, etc..
- Supercharge decision in Finance: You support all our Finance Units, helping to solve diverse problems on a daily basis. Doing so, you enable the team to become literate themselves in using our data stack and answer their questions without your help.
- Be a data evangelist: You always advocate for a data-driven approach and challenge people across the organization to rethink convictions and ideological decision-making.
- Graduated top of your class with a Bachelor's degree from a top-tier university.
- First (1-2 years) professional experience in data analytics, data science or similar in fast-paced startups or similar environments.
- Experience with dbt, BigQuery & Looker (or similar tool stacks) is a must. Experience with Python is a plus.
- Highly analytical and comfortable around numbers. Meticulous attention to detail and joy in precise working.
- Proactive mindset with an ability to think outside the box and enrich the team with new, creative ideas.
- Confident team player with an ability to help business and technical teams to work together towards a timely issue resolution.
Why Work At FINN?
- Competitive salary with equity participation of the company
- Annual personal development budget of $1,500
- A baseline comprehensive medical insurance plan with all premiums paid by FINN. An additional 5 PPO plans are available to satisfy any specific personal circumstance including an HSA option
- 401(k) with match eligibility for all full-time employees
- 20 days paid vacation with additional company holidays
- Hybrid office with flexible working hours
- Free lunch on in-office work days
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- 12 weeks paid parental leave for primary parents, and 4 weeks paid parental leave for secondary parents
- You want to drive your own car with FINN? – Subscribe to a FINN car and receive a generous employee discount (subject to availability)
Please upload your resume online. Our hiring manager, Philipp, is looking forward to your application!
Equal Employment Opportunity
FINN is an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type relating to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
We’re revolutionizing car ownership by breaking down barriers to access and are committed to creating a team that is reflective of our customers. We embrace and celebrate diversity and are dedicated to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.