(Senior) Technical Writer in Tech - Part/Full-Time
Marketing & Communications, IT
Remote · Munich, Germany
Posted on Thursday, September 7, 2023
FINN makes mobility fun and sustainable. Offering convenient and flexible car subscriptions, we bring a true e-commerce experience to car ownership and offset all CO2 emissions along the way. Join our fast-growing scale-up to build the most popular car subscription platform in Europe and the USA. We work with the best car brands in the world and have raised €140m in equity by leading global investors.
As a Technical Writer in the Tech department, you play a key role in building our product by creating useful and engaging internal software, data, and business process documentation. In collaboration with Engineers, Business Automation Managers, Product Managers, and fellow Technical Writers you make knowledge a top-tier resource at FINN.
- Flexibility to work either in our Munich office or remotely ±3 hours of the CET/CEST. For candidates relocating to Munich, we provide full visa support.
- Competitive salary, significant virtual equity share of the company, and an attractive company pension plan
- Substantial room for growth and a yearly personal development budget of 1.500€.
- Flexible working hours, Kindergarten allowance (300€ per child per month) as well as agency support for finding childcare.
- Access to discounted gym memberships, and attractive mobility options (e.g. discounts for FINN cars via JobAuto or JobRad.
- Provide high-end technical communication: By writing high-quality and easy to understand documentation, you help our teams reach higher performance.
- User-favorite developer portal: Enhance the developer experience beyond reference docs by knowing and collaborating with your internal customers.
- Strive for excellence: Strive to deliver the best possible documentation experience and high-impact technical communication.
- Enable a documentation culture: Enable teams to use, improve and maintain documentation, and take charge in articulating innovation.
- You have a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- 1-3 years of creating API and other developer-facing documentation in an agile development environment.
- Convinced follower of the docs-as-code approach: Writing source files in a lightweight markup language (Markdown, Asciidoc), collaboration, and version control via Git, CI/CD practices.
- Ability to work with the OpenAPI Specification and use related tools, such as Swagger documentation tools and Postman.
- Basic understanding of Python, TypeScript, SQL and relational databases is a plus.
- Experience in implementing and publishing developer portals from (API) documentation.
- Ability to specify business processes in BPMN or to create visual content to support your documentation is a plus.
- Strong growth mindset and the motivation to continuously improve self and team performance.
- Fluency in English.
Please upload your CV and transcripts online. Verena and Kosara are looking forward to your application!
Equal Opportunities for Everyone
FINN is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace and celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We are open to all groups of people without regard to age, color, national origin, race, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristics.