Senior Backend Engineer (NodeJS) - Part/Full-Time
Europe · Middle East · Asia · Remote
Posted on Friday, May 12, 2023
FINN makes mobility fun and sustainable. With a flexible car subscription, we bring a true e-commerce experience to car ownership and offset all CO2 emissions along the way. Join our fast-growing startup to build the most popular auto e-commerce platform. We work with the best car brands in the world and are backed by leading global investors.
As a Senior Backend Engineer on our User Acquisition Team, you will be instrumental in shaping the backbone service operations. You'll take charge in developing, maintaining, and enhancing APIs that ensure the high performance, reliability, and scalability of our services. Your work will directly impact the user experience on our main website, making it a seamless journey for our customers to book cars. You will collaborate closely with our frontend engineers, working together to bridge any gaps and integrate our services effectively, enhancing the overall user experience.
- Flexibility to work either in our Munich office or remotely ±3 hours of the CET/CEST.
- Full visa and relocation support for you and your family.
- Possibility to work part-time instead of full-time and reduce a 40-hour-week to 80% (32 hours/week).
- Excellent fixed salary with equity participation of the company.
- Additional yearly development budget of 1,500€ and an enabling environment to enhance your skills.
- An open-minded community to be welcomed from day one and fun team events with amazing colleagues.
- You want to drive your own car with FINN? – Get one with our employee discount program.
- Shape our web and mobile application: As part of our User Acquisition Team, you enable our customers to find the car that suits their needs best. You have a direct impact on the user experience by driving innovation, spearheading new feature ideas and identifying areas for improvement in our existing systems.
- Share your technical expertise: Play a driving technical role in the Backend team. You will be able to share your technical knowledge and engineering best practices, as well as shape technical discussions to deliver the best possible solutions.
- You build it, you run it: Build features and take ownership for testing, deployment and monitoring of your code. Yes, we believe in Serverless!
- Do it, do it, automate it: Simplify, automate and optimize processes that are currently in place.
- 3+ years in software engineering, preferably in B2C and customer-centric e-commerce.
- Experience with NoCode tools is a plus.
- Ability to build scalable systems in an iterative and agile way.
- Previous experience in an agile development team in a disruptive and product-driven environment.
- Strong product mind-set and the motivation to continuously improve self and team performance.
- Looking for permanent employment in an agile development team (no B2B contracts).
- Experience with Serverless applications is a plus.
- Fluency in English.
Interested in Joining Our Fast-Growing Start-Up?
Please upload your CV and transcripts online. Theresa and Alexander are looking forward to your application!
Equal Opportunities for Everyone
FINN is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace and celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive and safe environment for all employees. Experience comes in many forms and we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team. We encourage you to apply even if your experience doesn't perfectly align with what we have listed. We'd love to hear from you!